- Parent Resources
Social Emotional Learning Resources for Preschool
Supporting your student's overall social emotional health is an important part of their education and growth. During this unprecedented time of school closure, I hope you are able to use these resources to help your student understand that their feelings right now are okay. This doesn't give them the okay to be mean (though some student's may react this way because they don't know how else to express their emotions). It's often important to remind your student what they still have control over, especially when it seems as if they have zero control right now. On this page, you will find some articles to help you talk with and support your students. There are also links to different activities to help students (the entire family can use them) work on coping skills that are great ways to deal with the increased emotions right now. This page will be updated frequently with different activities and videos to continue to help your student grow in their social emotional learning.
Talking to kids about COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute "Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus" (English)
- CDC "Helping Children Cope with Emergencies" (English)
- Resource "So You've Got Questions about Coronavirus" (English)
- Child Mind Institute "Cómo hablar con los niños sobre el coronavirus" (Español)
- CDC "Cómo ayudar a los niños a sobrellevar las emergencias" (Español)
- Recurso "Preguntas sobre Coronavirus" (Español)
Our team has compiled information, resources, and activities for families with young children whose schools and childcare providers have closed in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.