Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum & Instruction Department is dedicated to student-centered education. The best instructional models to support student learning is direct instruction. Teachers model and students practice their learning with frequent feedback on their learning accuracy and quality. The Curriculum & Instruction department is committed to building meaningful and relevant educational programs for preschool to 12th grade students.
All students in TK-12th grade have 1:1 technology during the school day. Students use technology as a learning tool. Students use Chromebooks to access on-line curriculum, assess their learning outcomes, and to work on school assignments. Students have email accounts and use the Google platform.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, instruction will be in-person, on-campus, full-day, five days a week. In compliance with California Department of Public Health Guidelines, staff and students will be wearing masks indoors. We look forward to welcoming students back into our classrooms.
PVUSD offers the following online learning platform: Aeries, Google Classroom, Zoom Education
ELA & Math Digital Curriculum:
- TK = Opening the World of Learning (OWL), Pearson for literacy and numeracy
- K-5 = ELA: Wonders, McGraw Hill; Math: Envision Math, Pearson
- 6-8 = ELA: Study Sync, McGraw Hill; Math: Go Math, HMH
- 9-12 = ELA: myPerspectives, Pearson; Math: Integrated Math 1, 2, 3, HMH
Digital Assessments Reading & Math:
- TK-2 = DIBELS, Star Early Literacy
- K-12 = Star Math & Star Reading
- 1-12 = myON