Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum & Instruction Department is dedicated to student-centered education. The best instructional models to support student learning is direct instruction. Teachers model and students practice their learning with frequent feedback on their learning accuracy and quality. The Curriculum & Instruction department is committed to building meaningful and relevant educational programs for preschool to 12th grade students.
All students in TK-12th grade have 1:1 technology during the school day. Students use technology as a learning tool. Students use Chromebooks to access on-line curriculum, assess their learning outcomes, and to work on school assignments. Students have email accounts and use the Google platform.
2020-2021 PVUSD Learning Model is the Triad Approach. This approach allows students and their families increased educational choices. Students can participate in one of the three learning approaches and students will have the opportunity to change their choice. The three approaches are: the traditional, the hybrid, the teacher-led distance learning.
PVUSD offers the following online learning platform: Acellus, Google Classroom, Zoom Education
ELA & Math Digital Curriculum:
- TK = Opening the World of Learning (OWL), Pearson for literacy and numeracy
- K-5 = ELA: Wonders, McGraw Hill; Math: Envision Math, Pearson
- 6-8 = ELA: Study Sync, McGraw Hill; Math: Go Math, HMH
- 9-12 = ELA: myPerspectives, Pearson; Math: Integrated Math 1, 2, 3, HMH
Digital Assessments Reading & Math:
- TK-2 = DIBELS, Star Early Literacy
- K-12 = Star Math & Star Reading
- 1-12 = myON