Download this application, fill it out, and deliver to your child’s school site. Be sure to have valid identification with you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does one get an Illuminate Home Connection username and password?
A letter with registration information will be distributed to parents. If you did not receive an application, CLICK HERE to download a copy. Once your application has been approved and processed, a letter will be sent containing your registration information. A valid email address is required to use Illuminate Home Connection
2. Do I need a separate login for each of my children?
No, each parent / guardian receives one unique login for all students at PVUSD.
3. Are Illuminate usernames and passwords case sensitive?
No. You may use upper or lower case letters.
4. I’m locked out of Home Connection. Can someone reset my account?
If you try to sign in three times incorrectly, you will be locked out of Illuminate Home Connection and will have to contact your child’s school office during school hours to have your account unlocked.
5. I try to log on to the site, but I keep getting an error message “login has expired” or “cannot access site”. What is wrong?
All browsers are not created equal, and some refuse to give up what they have in their cache. In Internet Explorer, make sure pages are set to update “always” (under Tools–>Internet Options). If that doesn’t work, empty your cache. We also recommend that you download the latest version of Google Chrome.
1. When can I access Illuminate Home Connection?
Illuminate Home Connection will be available to registered parent(s)/guardian(s) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. Is this system secure?
Yes, the system requires an individual username and password for each child. In addition, Illuminate Home Connection has SSL encryption. The username and password must be kept confidential by parents.
3. Who may access Illuminate Home Connection?
Parent(s)/guardian(s) who have a username and password may access Illuminate Home Connection. Only one Registration Number will be issued per parent / guardian regardless of how many students are in the family. They will be able to see all students from one login.
4. Can I access Illuminate Home Connection from anywhere?
Yes, you can access Illuminate Home Connection from any computer with Internet access.
5. I have multiple children in the district. Can I have access to all their accounts under just one username and password?
Yes, each parent / guardian will have ONLY one username and password for all children in their family.
6. My husband/wife and I are separated/divorced; can we get another parent username and password for our child’s account?
Yes. The Illuminate program allows up to two parent accounts per child. Therefore, both parents will have the option of a unique Registration Code assigned by the district. They can then set up separate and unique usernames and passwords
7. Do I need a new username and password each year if my child is returning?
No, all login information will remain active as long as your child is a student in the Palo Verde Unified School District.
8. What kind of computer equipment do I need to view Illuminate Home Connection?
Almost any computer with an Internet connection can access Illuminate Parent Portal. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
1. What is Illuminate?
Illuminate is the student information system that Palo Verde Unified School District uses to manage information such as grades, attendance, demographics, courses, etc. Since Illuminate is web-based, some of this information can easily, but safely be shared with parents and students.
2. What is Illuminate Home Connection?
Illuminate Home Connection is a feature of the Illuminate Student Information System that provides parents/guardians immediate access to grades, assignments and attendance records in an effort to facilitate and improve communication between home and school.
3. Do I have to use Illuminate Home Connection?
No, you do not have to use it at all. Illuminate Home Connection is designed to give parents access to information that may be important to them in an easy to access, consolidated format.
4. Is there a cost associated with Illuminate Home Connection?
No. Illuminate Home Connection is a free service to Palo Verde Unified School District parents.
5. How do I get more help?
Aside from the resources found on the Palo Verde Unifed School District website, you should contact the school office with questions regarding Illuminate Home Connection.
6. What can I see on Illuminate Home Connection?
Parents can access the following information: grades for current classes, attendance for the past two weeks or the whole term, teachers comments, announcements, calendar, and more.
7. Whom should I contact if I have a question?
Grades for class assignments during the current semester: Talk with your child first. If you still have questions, you may call your child’s teacher or email him/her. General attendance questions should be directed to your school office.
8. Can other people see my son’s/daughter’s grades?
No. As long as you protect your username and password, others will not be able to see your child’s information.
9. What do I do if I forgot my login information or I feel my account has been compromised?
As long as you registered with an email, you can request a new password on the front page of Illuminate Home Connection. If you continue to have difficulties, contact your child’s school office as soon as possible to make arrangements to pick up the new login information at the school office. Please bring a photo identification at this time. This protocol is established for the safety/security of the student records.
10. Can I change my password?
Yes. You may change your password directly on Illuminate Home Connection. Please record it and keep it somewhere safe so you have it when you need it .
11. Can I print what I see?