15-16 Dress Code
The school, as a center of learning, shall provide for the development of habits and attitudes conducive to acceptable apparel, and good grooming. The Principal or the Principal’s designee has the final authority for interpreting whether a student’s apparel conforms to dress code. When it is determined that a student’s clothing does not comply with the dress code, a parent/guardian may be asked to bring an appropriate change of clothes of school. If the violation of dress code cannot be rectified the student will be sent to in school suspension. The student may also receive a disciplinary consequence for violating the school’s dress code policy.
Students are expected to comply with dress code rules while attending all school activities including field trips and athletic events.
The personal appearance of students may follow the style of the day; however, the wearing of overly tight, loose, distracting, extreme, or inappropriate apparel is not permitted. Clothing and jewelry displaying weapons will not be permitted. Special costumes may be worn when appropriate for school-approved activity.
- Headgear: The only hats allowed at PVHS should be plain (no logo) or have a PVHS logo. The following headgear is not allowed: bandanas, scarves, towels, stocking caps, hoods, doo rags.
- Shirts must cover both shoulders or have at least a 1 inch strap. Shirt necklines must cover the chest area (no cleavage). Shirt fabric must be thick enough so that there are no areas in which the fabric is sheer or see through unless a tank top is worn underneath. No holes are permitted unless a tank top is worn underneath. Shirts must extend over the waist to below the top of the shorts or pants. No vulgar graphics or suggestive/double meaning logos are allowed on shirts.
- Shorts must have at least a 3 inch inseam. Shorts must be worn at the waist. Athletic shorts which meet dress code standards are acceptable.
- Skirts or dresses must be as long as the finger tips when hands are at the student’s side. Skirts must be worn at the waist. Dresses must have straps and meet all the requirements of the shirt dress code description (see above).
- Pants, Capri pants or jeans: Pant legs may not drag the floor. Pants must be worn at the waist.
Sneakers, shoes with a back, or other completely closed shoes are highly recommended. Due to safety issues related to traveling to and from classes, it is strongly suggested that students not wear flip flops, sandals, crocs, or open toe shoes. Additional requirements may be required for individual classes.