Archive for September, 2014
February 13th Margaret White will be holding it’s annual Jump Rope for Heart event.
Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart are national education and fundraising events sponsored by the American Heart Association and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD).
These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope or playing basketball while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart-health issues. And both programs are great ways to satisfy the physical education standards as determined by NASPE (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) and AAHE (American Association for Health Education).
- Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Help Students Grow!
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community’s welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help your school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!
With your support, we can help protect and improve children’s health!